Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Loneliness. Carl Jung says "loneliness does not come from having no people around one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible".

I have forgotten about the true meaning of companionship. These days, I tell myself to be satisfied with the presence of having a few around me, convinced myself that I can enjoy comfortable, companionable silence with another. So convinced am I, that I made myself practice it to 'feel' the greatness it can bring. I have lost my ability to communicate with others and allowed myself to not be engaged in conversations with others at all, thinking, 'it's okay silence is okay'

I've been lonely these days. There is no one I can talk to without feeling I am being self centered, self absorbed.

No comments: